Sunday 13 March 2016

Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks

As of late, I seem to have been obsessed with trying all of the liquid lipsticks in the world, I feel like it's a trend that will never die, and to be honest all liquid lipsticks have their merit, I mean I have never tried one that I hated in every aspect, and the Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick is no exception to that. What I should mention is that the texture of these, despite being hailed a 'cream lipstick' is a lot thinner than I anticipated. I would compare the texture to the Jeffree Star Liquid lipsticks, however the main difference being that these dry satin, and seem to transfer a little more than the Jeffree Star ones. That being said, they don't disrupt the colour, it does stay on, it just tends to transfer onto glasses or mugs etc.
L-R: Soft Spoken, Sandstorm, Cherry Skies, Vintage.
The colour of these lipsticks are really beautiful, they have quite a few colours in the line, I ended up picking four all of which are very pigmented. They aren't quite as patchy as they look on my arm, but you do have to make sure you distribute the colour evenly on your lips, especially with the darker colours. The main selling point for the liquid lipstick, I would say, is the comfort and lightweight texture. Its not the most long wearing, but it's nowhere near as drying as most liquid lipsticks. While for some people that's a drawback, if you're someone who wants to try liquid lipsticks but can't handle the drier, matte textures, then these are definitely worth a try, especially with the price being more than half the price of the likes of the Jeffree Star Liquid lipsticks and theBalm's Meet Matte Hughes. So, what do you think of the liquid lipstick trend? If you have any recommendations for liquid lipsticks let me know so I can feed my addiction.

No comments :

Post a Comment